When a disciple steps into the Shaolin Temple in China, alongside our physical training, we are given Zen sutras and various teachings on martial arts. These 7 principles for martial arts are devoted to forging the mind and body. They can also be applied to your everyday life.
- Never Give Up - If your heart is strong, you can accomplish anything.Once you have decided on your Shaolin goal, cut off any road of retreat. Advance like an arrow from a bow. Burn your boats. Give yourself no choice.
- Always Practice - Shaolin Martial Arts is like boiling water, if you do not keep the flame high with continued training, your skill turns tepid. Standing, sleeping, awake or asleep, the Shaolin Warrior always practices. Never separate yourself from the way of the warrior.
- Integrate Yin And Yang - You are not learning techniques, you are learning nature. The integration of Yin ( Qigong) and Yang (Kung Fu ) training is the essence of Shaolin. Every time you do your Shaolin Workout the positive energy of heaven and earth is inhaled.
- Turn Yourself Into Zero - When we enter the temple, we prostrate 3 times, this is a symbol of letting go of our body, speech and mind. Let go and entrust everything that comes up in your life - anxiety, illness, stress - to your Shaolin Practice.
- Nurture Your Body - Your body is a treasured gift from heaven and earth. Using medicine is a last resort. If you take care of yourself, eat well, do Shaolin Qigong , you will not become ill. Don't neglect your bodies basic health
- Apply Great Effort - If you put a lot of effort into your Shaolin Martial Arts and don't become very skilful at it, you have still excelled yourself. Because whether you're good or bad at your training, the result is the same: it's one of the most positive things you can do for your mind and body
- Cut Off Desire - People's minds get tangled up in objects and this fragments their energy and hinders their practice. Only have what you really need rather than what you really want. Happiness come from our internal world, not from the external.
Want the fitness, flexibility and focus of a Shaolin Monk? Click here to learn authentic Shaolin Kung Fu and Qigong.